MEDICATION ASSIST COURSE FOR CNA
The purpose of this program is to prepare Certified Nursing Assistants to effectively and safely assist residents in Assisted Living facilities to receive their medications safely and effectively.
- Identify laws related to assisting with medications in an ALF
- Explain which actions a CNA perform
- Define the “7” rights of medication administration
- Explain how to read prescriptions, which abbreviations are allowed, and how to clarify an order, correct labels
- Describe the different routes
- Define the different forms of medications
- Identify the most common classes of medications
- Describe side effects to look for
- Identify ways to store medication
- Explain the signs of drug misuse
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 30 days and we will give you a full refund.